I wish you all a wonderful Christmas! I hope you will have a nice time of rest with your loved ones! Wonderful to recharge with positive energy before the big jump into a new year.
But it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t share a few healthy tips to make the most of these hearty meals while still limiting the damage a bit…
Don’t worry, no diet, treat yourself! If we don’t do it during the holidays when will we do it?
Here are my top 5 tips to survive this binge:
– Drink a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon in the morning when you wake up to boost your digestive system and support your liver in the heavy task it awaits!
– Drink a glass of warm water with grated fresh ginger 20 minutes before each meal to help your poor little stomach!
– After each meal, take a little, or even better, a big walk with your family and friends to help with your digestion.
– But whatever happens do not lay down within 2 hours after the meal (lol it sounds like the Gremlings). In a horizontal position, your digestive system will have more trouble managing toxins.
– Avoid snacking! The more you space the meals, the more your system will be able to manage and eliminate the surplus of all the “good” things you ate.
With these nice words, I wish you once more a wonderful time and a well deserved rest. And don’t forget, if you want to start the year taking care of your body and mind, Zen for Monday is planning a great wellness program throughout to start the year in self-love.